Media News Day
Media Interview Skills and a News package
Make the most of your Media Training experience!
Our Media Friendly News Day workshop will not only give you the skills that you need to handle the media, but we will also give you an edited news package (a short news report), that you can use on your website, facebook page or other social media sites.
This isn’t a corporate video, but a professional, self contained news report of no more than two minutes. We research your story, pre-record at the scene of your story and insert your sound bites, building trust through third party endorsements and expert opinion.
You will learn how to identify your key messages and how to promote the good news within your organisation. So if you have a good story to tell, a new initiative or a project that needs further explanation, we will not only give you the interview skills training that you need, but we will also give you an edited news package.
What to expect
We will work with you and/or your communications team before hand, so that we can ensure that you not only get the training you need, but also a versatile news package that appropriately reflects your product, organisation or initiatives. So be prepared to discuss your objectives, your key messages and how you would like to use your “news package”.
We start the day before the course, collecting footage and preparing your news package. For you the course runs as a normal media training day, although be prepared as we will be using soundbites from your interviews in the final package.
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three “real life” media interviews, covering print, radio and television. Each interview is recorded and played back for analysis. The best sound bites are taken to use in your final news report.
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- Key Spokespeople
- Newly appointed managers
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all their interviews
- The “news package”
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews 12 months
- FREE advice and support by phone should you need this before any future interview
You will learn
- How the Media works
- What makes a news story
- To generate news interest in your activities
- Key principles of dealing with the media
- How to protect and enhance your reputation
- How to use the Communications Team effectively
- To prepare for print and broadcast Interviews
- Identify and develop your own key messages
- Deliver effective interviews for print radio and Television
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television