Communicating Change and Public Consultation
This workshop is designed specifically for Key Spokespeople and Senior Managers, who have to communicate complex messages to a variety of challenging audiences.
It will help you handle the challenging, often controversial issues involved in Public Consultations. We cover Public Meetings, preparing key messaging, proactive communications, handling difficult questions and dealing with challenging behaviour and awkward people.
You will learn how to develop key messages and communicate potentially controversial proposals during Consultations and Public meetings. We also show how to speak with and listen to the Public, managing their concerns and expectations.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, enhancing key messages, presenting key messages and handling questions from the floor.
All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members
- Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all their interviews
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
You will learn
- Plan and prepare systematically for all types of presentation from large groups, to one-to-ones
- Prepare your message across with more professionalism.
- Listen to concerns and address issues
- Manage expectations realistically
- Deal with challenging people and difficult situations
- Focus attention on the key issues so your audience will accept your message
- Sell-in change to your internal audience
- Handle awkward questions from the floor
Times and pricing