Communication Skills for Public Engagement
Handling Public Consultations can be daunting. This training is designed to help your key spokespeople, clinicians and senior managers communicate effectively during consultation exercises with the public, patients, local community groups and stakeholders.
We will prepare your key spokespeople to handle forthcoming events or challenging issues such as Public Consultation and Public Meetings.
We will help them develop their key messages as well as deal with emotive and difficult questions from potentially hostile audiences.
- Presentation Skills to communicate during the public engagement exercise.
- Active listening Skills – for public and community meetings.
- Public Speaking Skills – for public and community meetings.
- Communicating positive key messages around the future healthcare in your area.
- Developing consistent key messages around these complex issues so that we achieve “singing from the same hymn sheet”.
- Handling hostile questions from the floor
- Handling hostile questions from the media
Training with be tailored to your specific issues which may be along the lines of:
- The opportunity to review and potentially re-design hospital and wider health and social care services for the benefits of patients.
- Developing health services that are high in quality, sustainable and affordable, long term
- Improving outcomes – reducing deaths from conditions such as cancer, respiratory disease and heart disease
- Balancing the budget
- Improving access to services
- Key spokespeople
- Senior Clinicians
- Senior Managers
Please contact us to discuss fully tailored training specifically for your own organisation.