Media Awareness Seminar
This half day seminar is designed to give a good overview of the workings of the media, show how to spot media opportunities and use the media proactively.
You will learn how to use the media more effectively, create media interest in your activities, write a press release and handle media enquiries.
It is ideal for anyone who needs to understand the news value of the work that they do and use the media to promote their achievements, but won’t necessarily have to handle media interviews
It is fun and entertaining, we include lots of video clips to illustrate our points, and encourage audience interaction and the help of willing volunteers. The whole seminar takes approximately three hours. It is presented using a combination of Power Point, Flip Charts, Videos and interactive audience-participation. We like to include one media interview, which we video and play back for analysis.
- Marketing professionals
- Non media spokespeople
- The need for Media Awareness.
- The need for good Media Relations.
- How to handle a media enquiry.
- What to say and what not to say when a journalist calls.
- Whom to contact once the media call.
- The role of the Press Office.
- Writing a successful Press Release.
- News awareness – what make a news story?
- Have you got a good story, but don’t realise it?
- How to generate news interest in your activities.
- Media Strategy and Media Skills.
- Managing a media interview (in theory).
- Newspapers, Radio and TV – different methods of media enquiry.
- Media and News Management Strategies.
- Protecting and enhancing your reputation.
- Crisis Media Management.
- Crisis Management and Success Messages.