Media Boot Camp for PR Professionals
The course is divided into two modules: The first shows you how to interact with the media proactively when you have good news, and the second is how to handle the media during a crisis.
In the first module we take you through the process of identifying success stories within your organisation and how to present these to the press in a way that will be of interest to them.
We cover the mechanics of press release writing and other tools used to communicate with the media. The second module will prepare you for almost every eventuality connected to any crisis issue as well as give you a structure and set of tools to conduct successful media relations in future.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a Crisis Management session, each filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, writing press releases, holding statements and briefing spokespeople. All exercises are
reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you
need from the day.
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
- Press Officers
- PR Managers
All Participants Receive
- A DVD of performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Press release templates
You will learn
- Find stories and making them interesting to journalists
- Manage the release of news
- Write effective press releases
- Handle journalists enquiries
- Building relationships with journalists
- Handle unfair coverage
- Identify possible causes of crisis
- Formulate crisis management strategies
- Build a crisis management team
- Brief your spokespeople and other staff
- Developing holding statements and Q&A sheets
Times and pricing