Proactive PR Training Skills
This workshop will give you the skills that you need to face the media with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
The emphasis is on being proactive and news reactive helping you understand the potential news value within your organisation. We will help you with “creating the news” – turning everyday activities into newsworthy stories, campaigns and copy.
We cover the whole process of proactivity, from highlighting the idea, writing the press release, making the follow up call to the journalist, to handling the press enquiry and interview. This course combines both theory and more hands-on, practical activities.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a Campaign Management session, each filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, writing press releases, strategy development and briefing spokespeople. All exercises are
reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
- Press Officers
- PR Managers
All Participants Receive
- A DVD of performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Press release templates
You will learn
- Identify positive news and feature opportunities
- Write effective press releases
- Develop a PR plan
- Develop the business case to get Leadership Team “buy-in”
- Assess the needs of a campaign
- Work out objectives
- Develop PR strategies
- Action the plan — ie conducting a successful programme
- Measure results
- Handle media enquiries
- Make effective “media sell-in” calls to journalists
- Brief spokespeople prior to media interviews
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
Would you like Media Friendly to run your PR campaign on your behalf? Find out more on our Proactive PR Campaign Support page.