Crisis Media Management – Courses & PR Support
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Even the best organisations can be hit by tragedy and disaster, but you will be judged more on how you handle the crisis than on the crisis itself.
I’d like my life back.
Tony Hayward, former CEO of BP
How you respond to the media in a crisis is critical to your reputation; will your organisation come up as competent, sympathetic and capable or hopeless, uncaring and ill prepared.
Some crises arrive suddenly and unexpectedly, others can be long, draw out and fuelled by opinion and speculation. In either situation it is critical for you to be prepared to manage the crisis and take control of the story.
Just like the emergency services preparation and practice can help prevent significant further loss.
Our aim is to ensure that you have the skills needed to deal with any serious issue that could hit your organisation. We work with you to identify the nature of possible crises and give you a crisis framework, with universal techniques , which can be used in any crisis as well as the tools you will need to conduct successful media relations at stressful times.
We will create tailored crisis scenarios and then video authentic and realistic interviews where participants will get valuable experience of handling questioning in a hostile environment, where they can learn from mistakes without hurting the organisation.
This is ideal training for anyone who may have to face the media at short notice, Chief Executives, Headteachers, Emergency Services, Chairs, Directors, Senior Managers, Heads of Services, On call managers or Communications officers.
Video: Crisis Media Interviews
Upcoming Open Courses
- Train the Trainer - Media TrainingCourse Info30 Apr 2014Extend your media training budget by enabling your internal trainer to train others in your organisation.
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills CourseCourse Info1 May 2014This course is equally useful for business leader and communicators as for media interviews or statements.
- Social Media and Media TrainingCourse Info2 May 2014A full day course combining Social Media Skills and traditional Media Interview Skills for GP Consortia.
- Running Successful PR CampaignsCourse Info6 May 2014We will take you through our formula, step by step, helping you plan and implement a professional PR campaign.
- Advanced Media Skills WorkshopCourse Info7 May 2014A challenging one-day workshop for experienced delegates develops interview technique.
- PR TrainingCourse Info8 May 2014One day course covering ways for you to get more coverage and work more proactively with the press.
- Communicating Change and Public ConsultationCourse Info9 May 2014This course will give you the skills needed to handle Public Meetings with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
- Media Law And Crisis Media For PR PersonnelCourse Info12 May 2014This covers the fundamentals every communications department needs to understand including crisis media.
- Crisis Media Management - Media TrainingCourse Info13 May 2014Combining theory and practice interviews with video playback we prepare you for every angle of enquiry.
- Communicating Change and Public ConsultationCourse Info14 May 2014This course will give you the skills needed to handle Public Meetings with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.