Crisis Media Management – Courses & PR Support
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Even the best organisations can be hit by tragedy and disaster, but you will be judged more on how you handle the crisis than on the crisis itself.
I’d like my life back.
Tony Hayward, former CEO of BP
How you respond to the media in a crisis is critical to your reputation; will your organisation come up as competent, sympathetic and capable or hopeless, uncaring and ill prepared.
Some crises arrive suddenly and unexpectedly, others can be long, draw out and fuelled by opinion and speculation. In either situation it is critical for you to be prepared to manage the crisis and take control of the story.
Just like the emergency services preparation and practice can help prevent significant further loss.
Our aim is to ensure that you have the skills needed to deal with any serious issue that could hit your organisation. We work with you to identify the nature of possible crises and give you a crisis framework, with universal techniques , which can be used in any crisis as well as the tools you will need to conduct successful media relations at stressful times.
We will create tailored crisis scenarios and then video authentic and realistic interviews where participants will get valuable experience of handling questioning in a hostile environment, where they can learn from mistakes without hurting the organisation.
This is ideal training for anyone who may have to face the media at short notice, Chief Executives, Headteachers, Emergency Services, Chairs, Directors, Senior Managers, Heads of Services, On call managers or Communications officers.
Video: Crisis Media Interviews
Upcoming Open Courses
- Media Awareness SeminarCourse Info23 Apr 2014This half day seminar gives a good overview of the workings of the media, how to spot opportunities and use the media proactively.
- Media Boot Camp for PR ProfessionalsCourse Info24 Apr 2014Course for PR professionals who want to enhance their media handling skills both proactively and in crises.
- Crisis Media Management - Media TrainingCourse Info25 Apr 2014Combining theory and practice interviews with video playback we prepare you for every angle of enquiry.
- Media Interview Skills WorkshopCourse Info28 Apr 2014This combines theory and practice to help you take control during media interviews and work with the press.
- Internal Communications - PR TrainingCourse Info29 Apr 2014This covers communications within large organisations and how to make the most of this important audience.
- Train the Trainer - Media TrainingCourse Info30 Apr 2014Extend your media training budget by enabling your internal trainer to train others in your organisation.
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills CourseCourse Info1 May 2014This course is equally useful for business leader and communicators as for media interviews or statements.
- Social Media and Media TrainingCourse Info2 May 2014A full day course combining Social Media Skills and traditional Media Interview Skills for GP Consortia.
- Running Successful PR CampaignsCourse Info6 May 2014We will take you through our formula, step by step, helping you plan and implement a professional PR campaign.
- Advanced Media Skills WorkshopCourse Info7 May 2014A challenging one-day workshop for experienced delegates develops interview technique.