Media Training – Courses and Methodology
You only get one chance to make a first impression
We start each course with a brief overview of the media, before getting down to the realistic practical interview experience.
We take you through a series of interviews that get progressively more difficult, until you become adept at handling virtually anything the media can throw at you.
Andrew Carapiet is our main media trainer and he’ll give you his top tips free in this video.
Our Media Workshops, offered in your own premises, using our studio equipment, or in our TV Studio, will give you everything you need to know to successfully handle media interviews.
media training course help prepare for interviews
How to plan your media training
Media training works best when it is tailored to you, your organisation and your issues. Media Friendly have been planning, designing and delivering media training for more than fifteen years, so let us help you. You don’t have to do it alone. We’ll take you through the steps to that you get the training you need:
- Who needs media training ? Is it your CEO and Executive Management Teamor spokespeople working at “grass roots level”?
- Are we running advanced training for experienced spokespeople or coaching novice spokespeople?
- Do you routinely media train your key spokespeople or is there a specific issue, up coming event or potential crisis that’s prompted the need to do it now.
- Would you like us to concentrate on your success stories and proactively raising your profile, or calming a crisis and keeping serious issues out of the news?
- Do you just need media interview skills for your key spokespeople or do you also need to raise media awareness across your organisation.
- We offer a range of training from one to one crisis training to media awareness seminars for larger groups
- Who is your target audience, how are you most likely to reach them?
- Should we focus on local or national, print or broadcast media or would you like us to cover everything.
- How many people need media interview skills training and how much time are they prepared to invest?
- We usually recommend having five or six people on a full day course, or up to three on a half day session.
- Where would you like to run the training, your place or ours?
- Will your spokespeople have to face the media immediately?
We can come to you and run training in your own premises, anywhere in the UK or abroad if appropriate. We also have a lovely training centre in Buckinghamshire or we can help you organise the training in a local external venue or studio.
We’re also here for you after the course is over, offering free on going support, rehearsal and advice for your next live media interview.