Advanced Media Skills Workshop
We concentrate on Crisis Management, developing the skills that you need to handle difficult media interviews and awkward questions. Our training covers everything from conventional office based interviews, to radio and television interviews and the more intimidating “doorstep” journalistic encounter.
You learn how to protect your reputation, remain cool and look authoritative on camera and in the media spotlight. We are very keen to emphasise the issue of control – how to take control of the interview – and we will show you effective ways of achieving this. We record every interview and analyse them to highlight positive and negative aspects The ultimate aim is to build confidence so that you feel comfortable and in control of all future media interviews.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three “real life” media interviews, covering print, radio and television. Each interview is recorded and played back for analysis. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- PR and Media Managers
- Experienced Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all their interviews
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- 12 months FREE advice and support by phone should you need this before any future interview
You will learn
- Prepare for crisis– the basic tools
- Identify the kind of issues that could hit you
- Build a crisis management team
- Prepare materials
- Formulate key messages
- Use our 3 R formula (Regret, Reason and Remedy)
- Identify your audience and your crisis spokespeople.
- Handle all types of Crisis Media Interviews
- Maintain control of media interviews
- Ensure your side of the story is heard
- Develop successful media handling skills
- Improve TV, radio and press interview technique
- Take control of media interviews
- Handle difficult interviews with challenging material
- Use media tools – such as holding statements and Q&A sheets
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television
Times and pricing