Effective Press Release Writing Workshop
We help you get the top line right, forcing journalists to take notice and publish your story.
We are looking at the difference between press releases which get ignored and thrown into the bin within five seconds and those which are put straight into the newsroom diary. The Workshop covers both theory and practice and is tailored to you and you will be asked to provide the background information to enable you to write relevant press releases.
Our trainer will go through each press release individually giving constructive feedback. We also show you how to “sell the story in” once you have despatched the press release.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a Press Release writing session, each filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises including writing at least two press releases and briefing key spokespeople. All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Communications Professionals
- Press and PR Officers
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
All Participants Receive
- A DVD of performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Press release templates
You will learn
- Identify news stories
- Make the mundane interesting
- Make your Press Release newsworthy
- Using correct format and structure
- Make your press release attention grabbing
- Follow through with phone calls to journalists
- Avoid pitfalls
- Convert your press release into coverage
- Send your press release to the right places
- Provide spokespeople and quotes
Times and pricing