Public Consultation and Media Interview Skills
Our combined Media Training and Public Speaking course is designed specifically for Key Spokespeople, who have to communicate complex messages to a variety of challenging audiences.
You will learn how to prepare, plan and take control of Media Interviews, as well has develop key messages and communicate potentially controversial proposals during Consultations and Public meetings.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, the first covers Media Interview techniques, the second uses the same subject matters and scenarios, but concentrates on presenting them to a lager audience. Both sessions are filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises including media interviews, presentation skills and answering challenging questions from the floor. All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members
- Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
You will learn
- Enhance communication of key messages around your Consultation
- Learn how to communicate complex ideas, in Plain English, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Deliver these key messages to an audience
- Deliver these messages to the media through interviews
- Learn how to handle difficult and sometimes hostile questions from the floor
- Deal with challenging behaviour and awkward audiences
- Develop the skills for effective media interviews
- Handle difficult interviews with challenging material
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television.
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
- Put over a positive image of your organisation