Public Speaking and Media Interview Skills
You will learn techniques that will help you handle all aspects of public speaking, from developing your key messages, to handling difficult questions and dealing with challenging behaviour and awkward people.
You will also learn techniques for reducing nerves, indeed harnessing your nervous energy to your advantage, as well as acquiring the ability to relax under pressure. We show you how to prepare, plan and take control of all types of presentations, building confidence and competence.
We include plenty of practical exercises and one to one tuition, making the training highly relevant, challenging and stimulating.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, the first covers Media Interview techniques, the second uses the same subject matters and scenarios, but concentrates on presenting them to a lager audience. Both sessions are filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises including media interviews, presentation skills and answering challenging questions from the floor. All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members Key spokespeople
- Anyone who needs to deliver difficult messages at public meetings
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- 12 months FREE advice and support by phone should you need this before any future interview
You will learn
- Develop the skills for effective Media interviews
- Handle Crisis Management and Success Message scenarios
- Learn the techniques for taking control of media interviews
- Practice difficult interviews with challenging material
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
- Understand how to put over a positive image of your organisation
- Enhance communication of key messages
- Learn how to communicate complex ideas, in plain English, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Become an effective communicator