Crisis Media Training
Prepare to face the media, learn universal techniques that can minimise the impact of bad news and protect your reputation. We give you universal techniques that can be used in any crisis or severe issue. Using video playback analysis, we ask you to take part in a series of media interviews, tailored to meet the needs of your organisation in crisis management situations.
We will research your issues and prepare you for almost every eventuality connected to your crisis issues as well as give you a structure and set of tools to conduct successful media relations in the future.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, including developing an action plan, dealing with door stepping journalists and handling live media interviews. Each activity is recorded and played back for analysis.
Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre-course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Chief Executives, Chairs, Directors and Senior Managers
- Head of Services and on-call managers
- Anyone with a media-facing role
- Anyone involved in emergency planning
All Participants Receive
- A DVD of practical exercises
- Workshop handouts and media Interview rulebook and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- 12 months FREE advice and support by phone should you need this before any future interview
You will learn
- How to prepare for a crisis
- Identify the kind of issues that could hit you
- Build a crisis management team
- Prepare materials
- Develop crisis management strategies and action plan
- Formulate key messages
- Use our 3 R formula
- Identify your audience and your crisis spokespeople
- Handle all types of Crisis media interviews
- Maintain control of media interviews
- Ensure your side of the story is heard